I thought I would share a little bit more about who I am with 20 facts.
1. I’m a kiwi. This is something I am very proud of. My little slice of paradise at the bottom of the world.
2. I have degree in Music majoring in Musicology.
3. I’ve been a Surf lifeguard for 11 years. I’ve learnt just about all of my life experience from this.
4. I love to travel, but really hate flying.
5. I accidentally fell into the world of optics during study for my Bachelor of Music and never left it.
6. I love a good flannel top. Don’t know why, I just do.
7. I was a major tomboy when I was younger. I use to go from rugby practice to ballet practice and get in a lot of trouble for messy hair and dirty knees when I arrived.
8.I’ve run two half marathons, but I would NEVER consider myself to be athletic. I’m the slowest marathon runner you have ever seen. So slow, that on my first one this man in his 70’s walked past me faster than I was running. I knew that if I even stopped the ‘running’ movement I would never start again. The biggest mind game I’ve ever played with myself.
9. I love the ocean more than I could ever imagine, but at the same time I have a lot of fear towards it. I’ve seen what it i capable of.
10. I’m in the middle of planning my wedding.
11. I’m really unsure about where I want to be career wise. I’m slowly working what I don’t want to do and feel like I’m not getting any closer to figuring out what I want to do. So, if you have any tips, please let me know.
12. I love nature. I’m more than happy to rough it and spend my time in the bush with very little comfort, but on the other end of the scale I love staying in hotels.
13. I can’t function without coffee. Coffee coffee coffee. Don’t talk to me or ask me to do anything until I’ve had one.
Will accept coffee as a bribe.
14. I spent my childhood lost in the world of theatre. I was permanently in a show and spent hours at lessons for various musical instruments. My heart has never left that space.
15.I really enjoyed school. It was an area where I could put in minimal effort and still do well. Any other aspect of my life required a lot of work to achieve.
16. I’m the throw back in my family. Mum, Dad and my brother are all average height, tan, really dark hair, and dark brown eyes. I, am taller, pale, lighter hair and hazel eyes. Not quite sure where all of that came from.
17. I like being able to grow my own food. We live in a tiny apartment and Owen has built a planter for our balcony that allows us to do that! I’m so proud of him.
18. Christmas is my FAVE holiday of all time. Everyone is just so happy and it’s chance to reflect on the year with the people you care about. Also, the smell of one trees. I have a life long dream of experiencing a white Christmas.
19. I am teaching myself how to play the ukulele. I went into a store to buy my friend a present and came out with that for myself instead. I can play a grand total of two songs.
20. I wrote a bucket list when I was 18 and I can honestly say I am not that person anymore. I look at that list and question what I was thinking. I’ve ticked a couple of things off it, but others I don’t think I will. Maybe it’s time to write a new one.
Well there you have it. Twenty little facts about me, myself and I. The comments are below if you have anymore. I’m happy to answer them!